Good Sports - Tasmanian Grants
Grants for Tasmanian Good Sports clubs, funded by the Tasmanian Government, are now open.
Exclusive to accredited Good Sports clubs in Tasmania, the grant is designed to help your club improve the health of your members and embed the Good Sports program in your club by providing access to training and resources. The grant will help your club inspire a healthier sporting community.
To be eligible to receive this grant you must be a Good Sports Club. If you are not a Good Sports club and would like to register for Good Sports Program, please do so here.
We recognise that administering a club can be a tough job at times. We hope that this grant will continue to help build that fantastic club culture that everyone wants to be a part of and that you have strived so hard to achieve.
Applications are open until Friday 23rd July, and it’s easy to apply.
There are 3 grant options for clubs to choose from:
Package 1 – Club Resource Kit:
- $150 Good Sports Merchandise Voucher – to be redeemed online, visit the Good Sports Shop to see what products are available.
- A-Frame Sandwich Board containing choice of corflute signage:
- Option 1: RSA – Standard Drinks Chart & Safe Transportation Posters
- Option 2: Junior Hydration – Fluids for Junior Sport & Winners Drink Water Posters
- Option 3: Mental Health – Mental Health Contact Info & Supporting Mental Health Conversations Posters
Package 2 – Responsible Service of Alcohol Training:
- Provided for 6 club representatives.
- This training is focused on responsible serving practices aimed at upskilling volunteers to provide a safe club environment and adhere to legislation.
- Accredited 4-hour course delivered face to face (course date options are stated in application form).
- Participants must obtain a USI number prior to attending.
Package 3 – Mental Health First Aid Training:
- Provided for 2 club representatives.
- Option of attending Standard or Youth Mental Health First Aid Course.
- MHFA courses teach people simple, practical first aid skills for helping a family member, friend, co-worker, or other person who is experiencing mental health problems.
- Accredited 2-Day Course delivered face to face or online.
- Upon approval of the grant, participants must visit https://mhfa.com.au/courses/public to select a course dated before 17th December 2021 and notify Good Sports of this to be enrolled.