Queensland Go for Gold Competition – T & Cs
Acceptance of conditions
- The Alcohol and Drug Foundation is offering Rugby League clubs that attend the Tom Trbojevic webinar on 16 February, who are one of the first 25 clubs in Queensland to set up a login to the Good Sports portal, and get to Gold Level accreditation between 7 February 2022 and 31 March 2022 (one entry per club) the opportunity to receive one of twenty five (25) prize packs consisting of a $400 Maroons Shop gift voucher, a QLD State of Origin jersey and a football (jersey and football signed by one of the QLD State of Origin teams), based on a game of skill (the Competition).
- By entering the Competition, the Entrant agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions. Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering, the Entrant accepts these Terms and Conditions.
- The Terms and Conditions of this Competition are governed by the laws of the relevant state authority where this Competition is offered.
- The Competition is being run by the Alcohol and Drug Foundation, Level 12, 607 Bourke Street, Melbourne, 3000.
Restrictions on entry
- Entry to the Competition is open to Rugby League clubs that login to the Good Sports portal, between 7 February 2022 and 31 March 2022 (Entrant).
- To enter, an Entrant must attend the Tom Trbojevic webinar on 16 February, log their sporting club into the Good Sports portal and reach gold accreditation level before 11.59pm AEDT 31 March 2022, as well as being one of the first 25 clubs in Queensland to do so.
- To be eligible for the prize, an Entrant must be a member of a registered Good Sports Community Sporting Rugby League club and must not be a Professional Sporting Organisation (e.g. A League, National Basketball League), National Sporting Organisation or State Sporting Organisation.
- It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure that they have met all eligibility requirements, if any.
Duration of Competition
- The Competition opens 7am AEDT 7 February 2022 and closes 11.59pm AEDT 31 March 2022.
- This is a game of skill.
Method of Entry
- To enter, an Entrant must attend the Tom Trbojevic webinar on 16 February, log their sporting club into the Good Sports portal and reach gold accreditation level before 11.59pm AEDT 31 March 2022, as well as being one of the first 25 clubs located in Queensland to do so.
- The Alcohol and Drug Foundation is not responsible for any technical malfunctions or problems with internet or network congestion, including injury or damage to an Entrant or any other person's computer related to participation in this promotion and problems with transmission of entries over the internet. The Alcohol and Drug Foundation accepts no responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries.
- By entering the Competition, the Entrant agrees that they are over the age of 18 years, of if under the age of 18 years, have their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to enter the Competition.
- By entering the Competition, the Entrant agrees that they are a representative of their named sporting club.
- The prize pack will be issued by the Alcohol and Drug Foundation once the conditions of the offer have been met.
- There are twenty five (25) prize packs of Maroon Shop gift vouchers, State of Origin jerseys and footballs to be won for Rugby League clubs geographically located in Queensland.
- Breakdown of prizes as follows:
Prize: Maroons Shop gift voucher. Value: $400. Number of prizes: 25. Total Prize Value $10,000
Prize: Signed QLD State of Origin Jersey. Value: $500. Number of prizes: 25. Total Prize Value $12,500
Prize: Signed Football. Value: $150. Number of prizes: 25. Total Prize Value $3750
Total Prize Pack per club: Value: $1050 Number of prizes: 25
- Total prize value is $26,250. The Prize value is correct at the time of printing. The Alcohol and Drug Foundation is neither responsible nor liable for any change in the value of the Prize occurring between the publishing date and the date the Prize is claimed. All Prize values are in Australian dollars.
- Prizes will be emailed or mailed to the winning Good Sports club’s email or postal address.
- The Alcohol and Drug Foundation is not responsible for late delivery of the prizes nor any errors in Club address provided by the Entrant.
- All Prizes must be put towards specific projects which are in line with the Good Sports values. No alcohol is to be purchased with the money. Where appropriate, the Entrant is encouraged to send an email to [email protected] with photographic evidence of how the Prize has been used.
Variation of these terms and conditions
- Subject to relevant state authority approval, if required, the Alcohol and Drug Foundation reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this Competition at any time.
- Subject to the relevant state authority approval, if required, the Alcohol and Drug Foundation reserves the right to vary the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
- Subject to relevant state authority approval, if required, the Alcohol and Drug Foundation reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the Prize to cancel the Competition or to vary or cancel the award of the Prize including, without limitation, circumstances where in the Alcohol and Drug Foundation’s opinion (which it shall form in its absolute discretion): (a) a Prize winner does not satisfy the Competition entry requirements; or (b) the Alcohol and Drug Foundation cannot conduct the Competition or award the Prize for any reason beyond its control.
- Subject to relevant state authority approval, if requires, if the Alcohol and Drug Foundation cancels the Competition or varies or withdraws the Prize it shall not: (a) be liable to any person for any loss or damage (including loss or damage caused by any negligence) arising out of, or in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; and (b) be required to conduct the Competition at any other time.
Responsibility of the Alcohol and Drug Foundation
- The Alcohol and Drug Foundation is not liable to any Entrant that does not receive an email or cannot access the webpage or submit their details due to technical difficulties or any other reason.
- The Alcohol and Drug Foundation is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for any problems or any financial costs incurred, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other persons related to or resulting from participation in this Competition.
- The Alcohol and Drug Foundation accepts no responsibility and shall not be held legally liable or responsible for any accident, loss, injury or damage to any individual or property whether direct or indirect, whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the Competition or the Prize, either during or after the Competition.
- An entry, any copyright or other intellectual property rights, subsisting of an entry irrevocably becomes, at time of entry, the property of the Alcohol and Drug Foundation.
- The Alcohol and Drug Foundation collects Personal Information (As defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) about an Entrant in the Competition and, where appropriate, awards Prizes. If the Personal Information requested is not provided, the Entrant cannot participate in the Competition and is deemed ineligible.
Notification of winner
- Winners of the Prize(s) will be announced by 15 April 2022. The winners of the Prize(s) will be contacted with seven (7) days by the email address or phone number supplied. The Prize will be mailed or emailed to the winner’s postal or email address within thirty (30) days of receipt of the winner’s postal or email address.
- If a winner of a Prize who has been contacted and been made aware of their Prize, and has agreed to collect the Prize or for which collection is the only method for receiving the Prize, does not collect the Prize within twenty-one (21) days of this contact, a re-assessment will be conducted within thirty (30) days of the original date, in the same location, using the same judge and the same method of assessment.
- If the winner of the Prize(s) is under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian, may be required to provide evidence of their identity (such as photographic ID, birth certificate or current passport) when receiving the Prize.
- The winner of the Prize(s) will be responsible for all costs associated with collecting and using the Prize.
- The Prize is not transferrable and will only be mailed or emailed to the email or postal address notified by the Entrant.
- The winner of the Prize(s) will have their name published on the Good Sports website. By entering the Competition, the Entrant grants the Alcohol and Drug Foundation permission to use their full name, organisation name (if applicable) and suburb on its website for up to two years from the date of the judges’ decision.
Disqualification of entries
- If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of that Prize will be determined by judging a further valid entry with the same method.
- The Alcohol and Drug Foundation’s decision will be final regarding any winners of any Prize(s). No correspondence will be entered into relating to the matter. The Alcohol and Drug Foundation may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this Competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
Unclaimed prize draw
- In the event of the Prize(s) not being accepted or claimed within 14 days of the announcement on 15 April 2022 the relevant winner's entry will be deemed invalid and the Alcohol and Drug Foundation reserves the right to award the prize to a different Entrant by 5.00pm (AEDT) on 15 May 2022. Any winner in this draw will be notified by phone and/or in writing within two (2) days of the decision.
- The Alcohol and Drug Foundation collects Personal Information about an Entrant in the Competition and, where appropriate, awards Prizes. If the Personal Information requested is not provided, the Entrant cannot participate in the Competition and is deemed ineligible.
- Information provide by the Entrant will be used by the Alcohol and Drug Foundation for the purpose of conducting this Competition and any other reason disclosed in this statement. The Entrant consents to the storage of their Personal Information on the Alcohol and Drug Foundation's database who may use this information for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding the Alcohol and Drug Foundation's products including contacting the entrant via electronic messaging, if participant has agreed to hear more from Good Sports.
- By participating in the Competition and opting in to hear more from Good Sports, an Entrant acknowledges that a further, primary purpose for collection of the Entrant's Personal Information by the Alcohol and Drug Foundation is to enable the Alcohol and Drug Foundation to use the information to assist the Alcohol and Drug Foundation in improving goods and services and to contact the Entrant in the future with information on special offers or to provide the Entrant with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and email, or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. This information will not be disclosed to any 3rd parties. By entering the Competition and opting in, an Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Alcohol and Drug Foundation may use the Entrant's Personal Information in the manner set out in this condition. An Entrant may unsubscribe at any time after they enter the Competition.
- Terms and conditions of the Maroons Shop gift voucher.
- Entry into the Competition signifies acceptance of all conditions by the Entrant and the Entrant will abide by the Terms and Conditions as presented.