6th January, 2021 — Alcohol

Alcohol and drug support services

Free counselling around alcohol and other drugs is available across Australia. These services can help you or someone you are concerned about.

Harm from alcohol and other drugs is an issue that can touch anyone across Australia.

You are not alone. There is a range of national and state-based services your club and its members can use if concerned about your own or someone else’s use of alcohol and other drugs.

These services can also help if another person’s substance use is affecting you.

Help available Australia wide

Listed here are three respected information services that can also offer referrals to specialist counselling and treatment programs. You will also find their details on the quick-reference poster below.


The Alcohol and Drug Foundation’s DrugInfo line is a confidential, non-judgemental telephone and email information and referral service.

DrugInfo helps thousands of Australians every year by listening, providing the facts and sharing contact details for counselling, treatment and support services. The service operates free of charge, across Australia during business hours, and via email.

Phone: DrugInfo: 1300 85 85 84

Email: [email protected]

Alcohol and Drug Information Services

The Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS) provides free, anonymous 24-hour support. This includes telephone counselling, information about alcohol and other drugs and a referral service for treatment services.

Phone: 1800 250 015

Family Drug Support

Family Drug Support (FDS) provides free, 24-hour support to families affected by alcohol and other drugs.

Phone: 1300 368 186

Share this