2019 Summer Sport Quiz: Answers
Here are the answers to the Summer Sport Quiz. How did you go?
- The 2020 Tokyo Olympics is predicted to be the ‘hottest’ Olympics on record, with temperatures set to be between 30-35 degrees throughout the entire event.
2. Basketball. Erin Phillips has played basketball for a number of teams including the Adelaide Lightning, the Los Angeles Sparks, and represented Australia at the 2008 Summer Olympics, winning a silver medal for women’s basketball.
3. Indian Vice-Captain Rohit Sharma scored the most runs in the 2019 Australia vs India One Day International. He scored 133 runs in total.
4. Stephanie Gilmore is currently No.1 in the World Surf League rankings.
5. Serena Williams has won the Australian Open Women’s Singles Title an incredible 7 times.
6. Five runs are awarded to the batting team when the ball hits a helmet left on the ground by the fielding side.
7. Golf. A ‘banana ball is an extreme slice shot that results in a trajectory in the shape of a banana.
8. Melbourne Victory FC were the 2017-18 A-League Champions. This is their 4th A-League Championship title.
9. Paralympian Kurt Fearnley won The Don Award at the 2018 Sport Australia Hall of Fame Awards, and the 2018 Australian of the Year award.
10. Ashleigh Barty is a professional tennis player and cricketer.