Goulburn Good Sports Forum
The Alcohol & Drug Foundation (ADF) is running a FREE forum for administrators, committee members, volunteers and players of local community sporting clubs. This forum will provide a snapshot of what is happening in the Goulburn area from policing (community safety), local council (grants and facilities), and athlete wellbeing perspectives. It is a great opportunity to learn about the information, resources and organisations which assist clubs to create safe, family friendly and healthy environments and help club members thrive and enjoy their sporting experience. It’s also an opportunity to network with other clubs.
Date: Thursday 15 June 2017
Time: 5.30pm for nibbles
Venue: Station Room, Goulburn Workers Club
0481 311 001
- Matt Elliston – Alcohol & Drug Foundation
- Lou Raymond – Crime Prevention, NSW Police
- Tracey Norberg – Roads & Traffic
Officer– Goulburn Mulwaree Council
- Joe Northey – Sports Scientist
- Glenn Turner – Australian Hockey player (2010 Commonwealth Games Gold medallist)
Emcee: Graeme Northey
- Grants available & how to apply for them
- Info on facilities and maintenance
- Science of sport
- Increasing memberships
- How to keep your players and the community safe
- Road safety, with a focus on fatigue
- How players stay on top of their game
- Family friendly sporting environments
- Good Sports Junior
- Good Sports Healthy Eating
- Tackling Illegal Drugs
- RSA rebates for club members
- Q&A with Glen Turner
About Good Sports
The Alcohol and Drug Foundation’s Good Sports program has been working with community sports clubs for over 15 years to reduce the harm associated with excessive alcohol use by club members, players, visitors and spectators. Nationally, more than 7,000 sporting clubs are proud to be a part of the program, with many reporting positive impacts as a result.
For more information about the Good Sports program, visit the website: www.goodsports.com.au
There will be an opportunity at the end of the evening to chat with local business and services that operate in the sport and holistic health and wellbeing sector.
We would like to thank the Goulburn Workers Club for generously hosting this event.