Alternatives to Alcohol Prizes
Alcohol is often used by sporting clubs as a prize for raffles or best player awards. Whether it is a slab of beer or a bottle of spirits, using alcohol as a prize can send the wrong message to club members and as such should be discouraged.
The following is a list of alternatives to alcohol as a prize for best players (many of these would also be appropriate for raffle prizes). These are all relatively easy to obtain and most would cost less than $25. Naturally clubs will use options they are able to obtain from organisations/people with a link to the club.
- Movie tickets/vouchers
- Dinner for one/two at local restaurant
- Taxi voucher to a certain value (to encourage safe transport)
- Pewter mug
- Food voucher for canteen
- Ticket to sporting event/venue
- DVD/Book/iTunes voucher
- Sports Shop voucher
- Netflix voucher
- Haircut voucher
- Take away food voucher
- Petrol voucher
- Car clean (inside and out)
- Gym passes
- Session with a personal trainer
- Club clothing or merchandise (for home team)
Please contact the National office on 1300 883 817 for more information or a copy of the Fundraising Kit.