Healthy Minds Club of the Year
This award goes to a club who has inspired positive change by promoting mental health awareness to strengthen their club community. The winner of this award will receive $1000 for their club.
This award goes to a Good Sports Healthy Minds club who has inspired positive change by promoting mental health awareness to strengthen their club community. These clubs have achieved this by committing to, and going above and beyond, the core requirements of the Good Sports Healthy Minds program.
Considerations will be given to the following:
- Successful implementation of the core Good Sports program and Healthy Minds program requirements.
- The degree to which the club has exceeded the expectations of the Good Sports program and Healthy Minds program. This includes the impact on the club, with a particular focus on mental health awareness, its membership and the local community.
To be eligible for this award the nominated club:
- Must be an accredited Good Sports club and participating in the Healthy Minds program in Tasmania
- Must have achieved two activities of the following six Healthy Minds components:
- Display mental health resources around your club or provide links to resources on your club website
- Display a help seekers poster
- Coordinate a club visit from a local mental health service
- Have key club leaders attend a mental health information session
- Develop a mental health and wellbeing policy
- Conduct a Good Sports themed game or event
- Must not have been a state/territory winner in the Good Sports Awards in the last two years.
- Professional Sports (eg A League, National Basketball League), National Sporting Organisations and State Sporting Organisations are not eligible for this award.